Last week, I was telling you guys that I was looking into FlexTrac for my new docketing system. I wanted to tell you guys how the demo went.
Here are some pros and cons.
- Online demo was convenient. This was a plus because I was actually out of my office on the day of the demo.
- Pretty intuitive. Someone said that it's not easy to navigate, but think anyone who is computer literate would be able to use it.
- Great customer service. Everyone I talked to was very friendly.
- Free trial. I got a month to try it. Just need to download it onto my computer.
- Able to docket patent, trademark, and general matters.
- Pretty flexible. By that I mean, very flexible. You can basically set up any and as many reminders as you'd like.
- Able to store form emails and USPTO forms.
- Not a cloud based system (at least the one that I looked at for law firms).
- Doesn't talk to USPTO... but I think most systems don't talk to USPTO. Some systems for trademark docketing talk to TSDR though, but patent docketing systems generally don't. Do you know of one that does? I'd love one.
- Doesn't automatically send emails to client on designated dates.
- Almost too many different ways to customize it. Training will be tough.
- 90s theme. I wish this looked more modern... and simple.
Overall, I would give FlexTrac 3 out of 5 stars. I'm definitely still shopping and would like to see another demo. Perhaps a cloud based system?